Boost Your Collagen Production NOW with SkinPen Microneedling
Wrinkles and sagging are an inevitable part of getting older, but what if they didn’t have to be? By boosting collagen production and taking care of your skin, you can keep your skin looking vibrant, even as time marches on. Learn how to boost your collagen production using SkinPen Microneedling and other treatments at Advanced Plastic Surgery Center. Keep reading for more details or call our office to schedule your appointment.
What Causes Skin Aging?
Many factors contribute to skin aging, some that you can control and many that you cannot. Let’s take a quick look at some of the factors that cause the skin to age:
- Sun Exposure and UV Rays
- Loss of Collagen
- Improper Skin Care
Some of these factors aren’t in your control like genetics, but many can be addressed by lifestyle, diet, and skin care changes. How can you help your skin to age beautifully? Learn more below.
SkinPen Microneedling- Rejuvenate Your Skin without Surgery
Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is one of our favorite treatments for aging and damaged skin. It is an excellent option for skin rejuvenation, acne scar treatment, and addressing common skin concerns. We use the SkinPen microneedling system, one of the best microneedling systems available. SkinPen uses adjustable length, disposable needles to penetrate the skin at a 90-degree angle. This versatility allows us to treat a variety of skin types and thicknesses using just one device. The needle carefully and systematically damages the skin, triggering the body’s healing response and encouraging collagen regeneration.
Is SkinPen Microneedling Right for Me?
Many of our patients ask, “Is SkinPen Microneedling right for me?” In short, the answer is usually “YES”! This treatment is very versatile and works well on:
- All skin types
- All skin colors
- Aging skin
- Acne scars
- Many areas of the body: face, neck, décolletage, arms, legs, abdomen, back, etc.
- Ideal for patients in their 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and beyond
If you want to improve your skin and boost collagen production, contact us to learn more about SkinPen.
What to Expect from a SkinPen Microneedling Treatment
Call us to schedule your first SkinPen treatment. Here’s what to expect:
- The prep time combined with the procedure is about an hour but the procedure itself should only take about 30-minutes.
- Performed in our offices.
- Minimal downtime and redness for about 1-2 days post-treatment.
- Not painful. With topical anesthetic, patients report feeling a mild vibrating sensation.
Is Microneedling Safe?
Your safety is our priority at Advanced Plastic Surgery Center. We only offer procedures that we have carefully analyzed for effectiveness and patient safety. Our patients report minimal side effects after treatment, similar to those experienced after a mild to moderate sunburn. Microneedling uses no chemicals or toxins. Micro-injuries boost your body’s own healing response, allowing you to heal your skin from within. This treatment has an excellent safety rating and is a staff and patient favorite here.
Other Ways to Keep Your Skin at Its Best
Gorgeous skin doesn’t happen by accident. Simple steps throughout your life can give your skin the tools it needs to age beautifully. Here are our tips for your best skin at any age.
- Use Sunscreen- Sun damage is a primary cause of skin aging and sunscreen is the simple solution. Use sunscreen daily. We recommend a broad-spectrum product with a minimum of SPF 15 for daily use. If you’re going to spend time in the sun, reapply your sun protection often, especially if you get wet. Tanning beds are another no for healthy skin as they emit skin damaging UV rays, just like the sun. Use a sunless tanner instead if you want a bronze glow.
- Use Better Skin Care Products- Are you still using the same drug store skin care products you used as a teen? To protect aging skin, up your skin care game. We can recommend high quality products that will enhance your in-office treatments.
- Stop Smoking- Smoking isn’t just bad for your lungs. It takes a major toll on your skin. For beautiful skin, stop smoking.
- Address Skin Concerns- What are your biggest skin concerns? We offer a variety of skin care treatments to address and treat these concerns. Many our skin treatments are non-surgical and require no downtime. By treating existing skin concerns like brown spots, age spots, wrinkles, etc., you can enjoy healthier, vibrant skin as you age.
Discover better skin with SkinPen Microneedling and other rejuvenating treatments. Contact us to learn more about any of the treatments we offer. Beautiful skin awaits!
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.