Eyebags Be Gone! Everything You Need to Know About Blepharoplasty
Does it look like you need a nap, even after you’ve just had 40 winks? If you always look tired, the problem could be your eyes, not a lack of sleep. Blepharoplasty can help you to rejuvenate around the eyes, leaving you looking refreshed and awake, not tired, worn out, or angry. Ask us if blepharoplasty is right for you.
What Is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, also known as eyelid surgery or an eyelid lift, can rejuvenate the appearance around your eyes. It can be used to treat:
• Hooding of the upper eyelids
• Bags under the eyes
• Excess skin covering the natural fold of the eyelids
• Loose skin hanging from the upper eyelids
• Lines and wrinkles around the eyes and eyelids
• Tired looking or puffy upper eyelids
• Drooping lower eyelids that reveal excess “white” of the eyes
• Dark circles under the eyes This surgery is customized to you. It can be performed on the upper eyelids, the lower eyelids, or both, depending on your needs and your desired results.
What Happens During a Blepharoplasty Treatment?
Blepharoplasty is typically performed using general anesthesia, provided by our board-certified anesthesiologist. We’ll give you a better idea of what to expect from your procedure during your consultation.
• Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty- An incision is made in the crease of the upper lid. Excess skin and fat are removed and the incision is closed. Once you’ve healed, the scar is not noticeable when the eye is open as it is entirely hidden in the crease
• Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty- An incision is made along the lower lash line. Fat is removed. We use electrocauterization to minimize bleeding. The procedure typically takes 1-2 hours, depending on the areas treated and the extent of your procedure. You can return the same day as your surgery to recover.
How Long Will My Blepharoplasty Results Last?
Blepharoplasty results are long lasting. After surgery, the aging process will continue, but if you properly care for your skin and avoid sun exposure, you can likely enjoy your results for 10-12 years. They say the eyes are the windows to the soul and we want to help you keep yours looking their best. Ask us if blepharoplasty is right for you.
Leave A Comment
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.