We don’t have a crystal ball, but we do see gorgeous new breasts in your future. Are you excited for your new look? Many women feel a bit nervous about the transitional time after breast augmentation and before full recovery. This guide will help you prepare for your breast augmentation recovery. If you have any questions along the way, get in touch.
What to Expect After Breast Augmentation
After breast augmentation your body will begin the recovery process. This time is a time of change and you’ll notice that you feel different every day, and even from hour to hour. Most women find that the recovery period is over quickly and not nearly as painful as they were expecting. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns during recovery.
- Right After Breast Augmentation- You’ll return home shortly after your breast augmentation. You’ll be unable to drive and will need someone to take you home and help care for you during the first few days. We’ll provide detailed instructions including information about medications you’ll need to take. During the first days one of the best ways to help your body is to get plenty of rest. Women commonly feel tightness and soreness in the breasts. You may feel nauseous and/or tired from your surgery.
- A Few Days After Breast Augmentation- Most women are able to resume many daily activities a day or two after breast augmentation. Return to activity slowly and make sure you avoid strenuous activities for a few weeks. Many women find that lifting the arms is difficult, at least at first. Swelling and soreness are common and typically last for a few weeks.
- A Week After Breast Augmentation- After a week most women are back to their low-impact daily activities including work. You’ll continue to experience changes to the feel and appearance of your breasts. Don’t rush into buying several new bras as your breast size, shape, and feel will undergo many changes during the first few months. Your breasts will continue to soften and settle as the implant moves into its final position.
How Can I Prepare for My Breast Augmentation Recovery?
Breast augmentation recovery is easier with a little preparation. Here are some tips to help you get ready.
- Get Help- You’ll need some help right after surgery. Don’t be afraid to reach out to friends and family for help.
- Take Enough Time Off from Work- Many women return to light duty at work just a couple of days after surgery, but you may need more time. Take enough time off from work so that you can return when you’re ready or recover a little longer if you need additional time.
- Follow Your Recovery Instructions- Dr. Munasifi has performed many breast augmentations and understands the importance of the recovery period. His recovery instructions are designed to maximize your experience and to ensure stunning results with minimal complications. Follow the recovery instructions. Take your medications on schedule. Avoid strenuous activities until you’ve been cleared to return to them. Let us know if you have any questions.
- Stock Up- Get things ready before your surgery so you can rest and relax during your recovery. Fill the fridge with easy to eat, easy to prepare foods. Have plenty of your favorite liquids on hand. Do your laundry and change your sheets. Many women find that button or zip up shirts are easier to put on right after surgery; you may want to have a few on hand, ready to go.
If you’re ready to take the next step toward your ideal breasts, give us a call and schedule your breast augmentation consultation at Advanced Plastic Surgery Center.